Sunday 25 November 2012

A cold morning on the River

A delayed report this one. It took a while to get the fish in a feeding mood because of the overnight frost. I started off on 2lb line straight through, but ended up scaling down to a size 20 to 1.5lb bottom to buy a bite. After taking a dozen or so dace, I hit into a mystery fish which I couldn't budge. Unfortunately the hook pulled.

After taking a few more fish again I hooked into another one but it didn't feel quite as big. After a good tussle on light gear, I had this nice perch. For some reason I rarely catch perch so I was happy with the fish. Not much else to report, apart from the dace. As always, an enjoyable morning though...


 
 
 

PS, Notice the new Abu 706 which i'll do a post on sometime, suffice to say i love it

No comments:

Post a Comment