Thursday 18 June 2015

Opening day on the River

My opening day plans were changed but I did manage to get a few late evening hours. On turning up, and walking 20 mins to my chosen peg to find daz b aka barbelboi hogging it, I disappointedly settled for a swim further downstream. Mind, once I'd settled in, seen a bit of activity and located a lovely lie between two trees on the far bank I was happier.

First cast on pellet resulted in a typical knock knock knock of a chub saying "I'm here, please strike". Which I did but unfortunately lost halfway back. Seemed a big fish that.

It killed the swim for a while before an unmissable bite resulted in a bream - I was surprised given the fight it gave.




After hearing the whispers of a big barbel being caught upstream, I though to myself "I knew they were in the oxygenated water" and decided to concentrate on chub. First cast with the usual evening bait and the rod flew round resulting in this 4lb chub, which had clearly been having far to much fish loving for one season....



A little while later, as night drew in, the rod started giving me the tell tale knocks and I soon struck into this really hard fighting chub, which I would love to catch again in prime winter condition.



I walked back wth daz, congratulating him on his capture - well done mate!

Great to be back home

No comments:

Post a Comment