Sunday 10 February 2013

A day out on the River chub and Pike

Got myself out on the river today

The first swim looked very pikey, so a float fished smelt was dropped in. 30 mins later, a slow take developed and I hit into the fish. Unfortunately it came off after 10 seconds or so, but what I did do is follow the direction of the pike in the clear water. He went straight back into his lair. The smelt went back and he sat there and waited. I twitched it, about 2 foot from his nose but still she had an air of "I aint touching that again". So i sat back and waited, all the time watching the pike, a good double, while it didnt move. Suddenly, about 30 mins after the recast, she shot forward, grabbed it and swum off like a torpedo (nervousness perhaps???). A great fight ensued, and eventually I landed her at 16lb 1oz :D


I wandered off, far and wide, catching two chub on steak. Managed to get the take etc on camera, so ill be doing a vid this evening at some point (only the chub on video). The biggest chub was about 2 and a half pound.

Fished until dusk and evetually got collected by the wife!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jimmy,

    We love your blog at www.rivertees.co.uk, we you like us to share your blog on our fishing pages? In return we would ask if we can share some of your images? Please contact us at info@rivertees.co.uk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jimmy. Sorry to join the queue, but would it be alright if I also used a couple of your images? I'm currently building a website for my parents' holiday home on the side of the Tees and want to write a section about the fishing here. I'll be happy to link back to your excellent blog as well.

    Let me know what you think anyway - jamesrutter@me.com. Thanks for your time.

    ReplyDelete