Friday 6 June 2014

An evening on a local pond

Had a nice few hours at Turlwick. Set up with the drennan acolyte plus, 3.8lb supplex line and double maggot to a size 18 kamasan X strong hook. 

It took an hour or so to get them going, but then I started bagging up on small ide, roach and Rudd. I kept stepping up the feed, as I had a feeling something different would move in eventually. It took a while but eventually at around 9pm the usual rhythm of swinging in small roach was interrupted with a solid fish, which tore off for a sunken branch, and made it. It went solid, so I put the float rod down, poured a cuppa and waited. Eventually the rod nodded. And he came free allowing me to play him to the net. The rod performed beautifully and I felt in control, even with light line. 

Nowt big but a decent end to a nice day.



No comments:

Post a Comment