Sunday 26 February 2017

A piking blank - time to give the next couple of weeks some serious thought!

It was tough going today. I just didn't fancy the river, so thought my best chance of catching would be some Stillwater piking. Problem is I just couldnt buy a bite - I did see a 19lber landed though so they are there!

I blame these new drop arm indicators - they don't drop!!




Joking apart, I always seem to struggle around this time of year. Need to try change that and bank some decent fish in the final couple of weeks. A quick count on my fingers has indicated five potential trips out between now and season end - varying between quick two hour chub trips and a full day out. A couple of these trips will be after dark on the river tees, in search of that elusive Tees six pounder (though in reality, i'll be bloody happy with a five - a Tees five is a special fish, unlike other rivers where fives and sixes are a lot more common).


I quite fancy a trip with the stick float as well as potentially a big fat march barbel. Really, it'll all depend on conditions. However, as said above, I always seem to struggle once we get into March, so i'm not expecting too much.

After Mid March, i'll be spending a couple of weeks in search of a gravel pit 20lb Pike, and then my attentions will be turning towards Carp and Tench (and possible eels if I can motivate myself - think I may need to read a book or two to get my mind going....)

Here's hoping



No comments:

Post a Comment